SEA FREIGHT AND MARINE AGENT
ZENITH CAREX INTERNATIONAL offers customs clearance and final delivery services from all ports and terminals to every part of the country as part of her logistics and clearing service.
Our well designed customs clearance program reduces cycle time, improves shipment visibility, and lowers cost. The knowledgeable professionals of ZENITH CAREX INTERNATIONAL provide timely and reliable management of your shipment as it reaches customs. Zenith carex international offers clearance in a consistent, timely, and cost-effective manner by acting as a direct extension of your business. ZENITH CAREX INTERNATIONAL operates individual service programs, and takes full responsibility in providing correct and well-prepared documentation. Our tested methodology avoids expensive and time-consuming delays. With a host of bilateral and multinational trade agreements which provides ample opportunity to minimize import duties.
The seasoned Zenith carex international team understand and tracks the most advantageous customs requirements. The result is a critical edge in expedited customs clearance and prompt delivery of goods.
Customs clearance from the airport.
Our customs clearance procedure is outlined below:
- Obtain of letter of Authority from the client to the customs department, designating us Zenith carex as her approved agent for the clearing of her consignment. The letter should contain description of the consignment and quantity as stated on the Airway bill. All other relevant agencies such as federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN). NDLEA, NAFDAC, SSS, Police DMI, Quarantine Department and handling companies like SAHCOL or NAHCO should be copied in the letter of authorization from our client.
- The accredited customs clearing agent (Zenith Carex Int’l) presents the authorization letter to Customs authorities for capturing, documentation and approval for the commencement of clearance procedures.
- Payment is made to ground handling company (SAHCOL or NAHCO) or the airline for initial handling activities
- Payment is made to Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Customs Department (where duties are applicable). Membership levy is also paid at the office of the Association of Licensed Customs agents to which Zenith Carex International belongs.
- With the receipts of all the payments, approval is obtained from the Area Comptroller of Customs for the release of consignment to the agent (Zenith Carex International)
- Payment receipts and documents are further vetted and verified by relevant government agencies at the airport for immediate release of consignment to the authorized agent (Zenith Carex International)
Customs clearance at the sea port
- Obtain letter of Authority from the client to the Customs department, designating Zenith Carex International as approved agent for the clearing of her consignment. This letter should contain description of the consignment and quantity as stated on the Airway bill. All other relevant agencies such as NPA, NDLEA, NAFDAC, SSS, Police, DMI, Quarantine Department and handling companies should be copied in the letter of authorization from our client.
- The accredited customs clearing agent(Zenith Carex International) presents the authorization letter to Custom authorities for capturing, documentation and approval for the commencement of clearance procedures.
- Request is made for the cost or rating of consignment from the shipping company. This goes on simultaneously with customs documentation
- Payment is made to both the shipping company and the terminal company for initial warehousing of consignment
- On verification of payments made the Customs Area Comptroller issues approval for the consignment to be released to the agent(Zenith Carex International)
- Consignment is thereafter transported to destination of client or as agreed otherwise
Shipment Tracking/Status Update reporting
Zenith Carex International is fully computerized from takeoff. The advantage of effective use of latest information technology are fully maximized in our daily operations. This is a major factor in our daily operations. This is a major factor in our efficient service delivery.
Our personnel are trained in modern GDS and tracking software that interface with major tracers like the SITA based cargo tracer. It is possible therefore to keep tab of movement of shipment closed to Zenith Carex as soon as our clients make relevant documents and shipment information available to us. In addition Proof of delivery (POD) is attached to every bill submitted in addition to immediate tracking through our system.
In the bid to be of the best to our valued clients Zenith Cares also offers:
- Port to Port clearing and deliveries
- Port to Door clearing and deliviries
- Door to Door Clearing and deliviries
- Clearing of goods from ports outside Nigeria
- Delivery of all shipments to any country worldwide